On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 11:50:34AM -0700, Miles Lane wrote:
> On 10/23/06, Dave Hylands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Just deleted 34 spam emails leaving 8 real ones on the 2 usb lists. That's
> > > no longer funny. I know, "local spam filters"... I use one but with modern
> > > spams (image only or meaningless collection of words) it is getting less
> > > and less useful. No, I have never idea what to do about it. Maybe someone
> > > does.
> >
> > Yeah - most of the lists I belong to at least require you to be a
> > member to post.
>
> I've just unsubscribed.  Even the LKML doesn't generate this volume
> of spam.  Oddly, GMail does a good job of filtering LKML spam, but
> doesn't catch the stuff coming in on linux-usb-users.  Not sure why.

It's because we are relying on sf.net to handle most of the spam
filtering, and we also have a few mailman regular expressions that
filter out some of the worst stuff.  We can disable those if you want to
see even more spam on these lists :)

If anyone has some good mailmain regular expressions that could catch
most of the recent spam that we are getting, I'd really appreciate it.

Otherwise, just locally filter, I do that and see almost none of this
stuff.

Oh, and making the lists postable only by members is not an option,
sorry.

thanks,

greg k-h