Hi everyone.

I am desperatly trying to find a solution to charge (at the moment) my
Blackberry at home while away from work.

You're probably familiar with the reason why this doesn't work: the
computer provides only 100mA of power to the device while the
Blackberry needs full 500 mA.

On Windows this is achieved through Blackberry Desktop Software; it
seems the device does not by itself report to the system that it need
more juice.

When googling around all I could find was this:
http://www.oclug.on.ca/archives/oclug/2005-May/045737.html

Where the instructions go: "You should be able to change it somewhere
in /sys/dev/usb..."

I've also come across a page with the description of Blackberry USB
protocol; it seems that by plugging it it exchanges a few hello world
/ handshake packets with desktop software which then switches USB to
high-power mode.

What I am looking for:
- (good) a way to manually increase power by doing something in the
lines of "echo 500 > /sys/.../usb/power"
- (much better) device driver support for blackberry (charging only)

Thank you for your replies,
Bojan