I'm trying to figure out how to get this drive to mount properly.

First problem is that it's hybrid - it acts like a CD plus a HDD - which
means, I believe, that I need to enable CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN in my kernel
and reboot.  In the mean time, I need to pay attention to dmesg and do this:

echo >/proc/scsi/scsi "scsi add-single-device ${SCSI_ID} 0 0 1"

(I'm up to SCSI_ID 12 now...).  Then dmesg shows:

  Vendor: DMI       Model: USB2.0 Storage    Rev: 1.15
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
sd 12:0:0:1: Attached scsi disk sdb
sd 12:0:0:1: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0

Unfortunately, even though I suspect there to be something in there, I don't
see that I get sdb1 (which the manuals claim should be there by the fact that
Windows should be able to just plug and play without formatting...).

fdisk /dev/sdb doesn't work either, giving me "Unable to read /dev/sdb" - so I
don't think simply reformatting it will help.

lsusb gives (excluding other devices):

Bus 001 Device 031: ID 0c0b:b311 Dura Micro, Inc. (Acomdata)

If anyone has a hint for where I can look further, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,