(Adding Ben Collins, who put another U3 patch into the system.)

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 08:40:25PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> David Brown wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 10:55:09AM -0800, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> >
> >> This is overly complex, and doesn't really solve anything.  The fake
> >> CD-ROM
> >> is there.  Who knows what's on it?  If the desktop wants to ignore it,
> >> that's fine... but as a transport-oriented driver, usb-storage should
> >> cleanly transport the commands as much as possible.
> >
> > It is also possible to change the data that is on the fake CD-ROM, so this
> > could conceivably be used for something from Linux as well.  I don't know
> > if anyone has figured out how to change the CD-ROM image from Linux, but it
> > is certainly a possibility.
> >

> I understand, well then someone needs to file an RFE for this against hal and
> we all need to help to get a list of ids of u3 deviced in hal.

We should also find out why there is another U3 patch in the kernel.  It
came in with a patch that referred to some Ubuntu bugs.  Ben, can you
clarify what bug that was, and what the original report was?

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What, are you one of those Microsoft-bashing Linux freaks?
                                        -- Customer to Greg
User Friendly, 2/10/1999