Please help!

My computer is a Siemens SCENIC 500 with its external I-Surf 1 modem at the USB.

The USB Hostcontroller is an Intel 82371AB. With Yast2, under " Network/Modem + ISDN " no ISDN-Modem is recognized because following message appears: " Sorry, neither a modem nor an ISDN-device was found."

With the older YaST, there are two modules (Isurf1 and Isurf2) in ist list, but none of them are selectable.

The command: cat /proc/pci | more displays among other things however following: * * * BUS 0, device 7, function 2: USB controllers: Intel 82371AB PIIX4S USB (rev.1). Medium devsel. Almost back-to-back capable. IRQ 9. Masters Capable. LATENCY=64 I/O AT 0XF800 [0XF801] * * *. I have also reloaded the driver-module " usb-uhci " manually , after the commands: rm /dev/modem and ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/modem. During the boot process, the driver will be loaded already. And nevertheless I have no connection to the I-Surf-Interface of Siemens. What do I make possibly wrong, or how to do?
With WIN98 I havn’t had problems with the I-Surf device!

Is there someone who knows that proplem?

Many thanks for your kindly support.

Richard Klepacki

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]