Hi Scot,
        Have you followed the directions in the USB Guide linked from
www.linux-usb.org? If so, can you send the contents of
/proc/bus/usb/devices to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list to get
feedback there? Your probably is probably not an ACM and is not
supportable with the stardard USB modem interface. The people on the
mailing list will be able to confirm or refute that. If that file isn't
there it means you've not mounted the usbdevfs, instructions are in the
above mentioned guide on how to do that.

                                                        regards,

                                                        Stephen.

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, [iso-8859-1] scot pip wrote:

> I have a mandrake 7.02,i patch my kernel with usb
> support but my modem ELSA USB Microlink 56K doesn't
> work,can you explain me how to ,please !
> thank

|Stephen J. Gowdy               |A4000/040| Mail Stop 50A-2160, LBL, |
|http://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/~gowdy/ | 1GB   HD| 1 Cyclotron Rd, Berkeley,|
|                               |20MB  RAM| CA 94720, USA            |
|InterNet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |3.4xCDROM| Tel: +1 510 495 2796     |