I am attempting to adapt the acm driver for use with my oewn device.

It probes the device fine, but after that the first URB submission ends up
freeing the device. Details:

At some point during/right after the URB submission uhci_interrupt gets
called and spits out the message:

interrupt, status 3, frame# 1418

process_urb gets called and in the last few lines of that function it
calls usb_dec_dev_use which is defined as usb_free_dev which then frees my
device.

Eventually the kernel oopses, but this is no suprise since the device has
been freed unbeknownst to me.

This may seem like a dumb question, but what are these interrupts?  Why is
my device being freed?  Thanks!

----
Mark Douglas Corner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]