> Can you give the list the skinny on how it interacts with the flow of
> mail?
>
> Does spamassassin sit before or after your MTA?  or does it bolt on
> similar to a squid redirector?  I'm specifically asking about SMTP
> received mail rather than pop/imap/fetchmail.

Both razor and spamassassin come after your smtp server (not forgetting
of course that this will also catch your fetchmail retireved pop mail
that is fed into your smtp server - at least my fetchmail does anyway.

On my system both will be inoked from procmail which I have set as my
local delivery agent (ie postfix smtp server feeds to procmail which
delivers the mail, testing it on the way through). I have a
procmail.global file and a procmail.username file for each user.

procmail.global tests thru razor at present and if it finds a message is
spam dumps it in my SPAM mailbox. If it passes then it goes on to
procmail.nick and gets sorted into various bxes, one for each mailing
list.

When I get spamassassin working it will also be called from procmail.

Hope that answers the question :-)
--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>