On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:51:19PM +1200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Read my lips. Take up the challenge.

Firstly, I never said you were wrong, I said your comparison is not
apples-to-apples.

> Check package versions which you currently use against those available from
> http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/pkgs/index.xml or
> http://gentoo-stable.iq-computing.de/

Neither of these lists indicate which version is considered the "stable"
version, nor which version would be the default if you emerged that
package.

Also note that there are often very good reasons for running software
versions other than the very latest available--these can be for
security, stability, and correctness reasons.

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/