Does anyone know of an NZ unix server co-operative?

By that, I mean a unix box on the Internet, where a member can have root
access easily available?

I co-admin ourshack.com, which runs in the UK, and there we have about a
dozen sysadmins, all pitching in to different parts of the system. It
operates by trust, and "Primum non nocere" - "first, do no harm". It
hosts websites and mailing lists, some personal, some for clubs and
societies, and some for commercial entities (but OurShack provides no
commercial contract, nor guarantee of service). It allows
experimentation (i.e. you want to run qmail? Go ahead - get a new IP
address, and make sure you don't clobber the working MTA ...)

I'm looking for a NZ-based service in the same vein - I am aware of some
private servers that would be available to the right people, but
wondered what else was out there ...

Absent some suitable solution, I might be setting something up myself (I
have potential access to some rack space in CHCH, at low cost, and not
via an employer)

-jim