At $250 for 2Mbs, assuming it's full-duplex, and has a genuine lack of
data cap it would be very attractive to businesses who struggle under
the silly ADSL plans available, as many clock up $400-$500 a month
without breaking a sweat.

Probably a bit steep for most home users, but depending on the Terms of
Service I would consider it a very real option. (If I lived in CHCH, but
I don't so I use what I can get.)