I got snagged by this one as well, until I found out that an (U)pgrade, doesnt howl NEAR as much as a remove/reinstall does. This is quite possibly the completely wrong thing to do but in my situation, it worked...

Andy

PS, Your not putting in the FILE name, but the PACKAGE name, right? There's a difference... samba-common is different to samba-common.2.0.5.8.e.i.e.i.o.rpm