Jason, could I clarify: do you mean that Mandrake can do a non-destructive resizing of an existing partition as part of an installation?

I'm asking because I have some Mandrake disks here and wanted to put linux on my laptop too, but am too lazy to set up windows again. I don't have any windows partitioning software, though have a couple of gb spare on each partition at the moment and could put the space to better use! The more time I can spend in linux the better...

Roger

Jason Greenwood wrote:

I would recommend Mandrake instead of RedHat for beginners anyway. It resizes NTFS no dramas. It is similar enough to RedHat that it should be just fine for Uni.

My .0002c worth.

Cheers

Jason