hang in there, sam. i'm very close to the bottom of the learning curve, and i had to make mistakes all along the way and start from scratch with my linux install more times than i care to admit to here. then i found clug . . . it's all good experience!

booting from your xp disk and choosing the "repair" option may solve your dilemma?

it's easier to have your windows os functioning first prior to putting on linux. cause if you're like me, you're not going to be able to do 100% of things in linux for a while.

roger

stm23 wrote:

hi, i'm attempting to install Redhat9 alongside XP (already installed). i used partition magic to setup a linux partition & chose (stupidly) to disable the NTFS drive. now i can no longer start XP. does any1 know how i can re-enable the NTFS drive, i'm not sure how - as i can no longer access XP.
thanx, sam