Hi Sam, I had a similar problem, here's the line from my file (I have no problems with read/write access now)

/dev/hda1 /mnt/c vfat auto,user,defaults,umask=0,rw 0 0

hth...
Roger

stm23 wrote:

hi, yes i tryed that but it still doesn't allow me to read or write to fat32. i think i still need to rebuild my kernal, compile it, then install it. it's the install part which i'm unsure about....

cheers, sam

Did you pay particular attention to this particular part?
/dev/hda1   /mnt/c   vfat   defaults,umask=000    0 0

The umask=000 should let the world read/write/execute
HTH.

===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====