Hi everyone,

I've got Mandrake 9.2 installed on my Acer Travelmate and am very happy to have got it going ! ! ! A few problems though, and many questions to be answered. The most pressing one being the onboard network card. On first booting, it fails at the line "bringing up interface eth0" but boots OK. (It doesn't detect the onboard sound or modem either).

I went into the hardware control centre and added ip address and default gateway for the card (correctly shown as realtek rtl-8139) using the "run config tool". On reboot, "bringing up interface eth0" now is OK, but it's still not right. I can't ping to or from the notebook.

At this point I'm lost and hope someone can point me in the right direction...

tia
Roger