I'm trying to get linux installed on a Toshia Satellite 2550CDT. So far
there have been very few hitchs. In fact it's pretty much good to go.
The only problem I am having is the floppy drive. As follows

# mount floppy
/dev/fd0: Input/output error
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

however

# mount mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0.
       or too man mounted file systems.

I've checked, and it's the correct fs type, and as for the other errors,
it works on RedHat9.0 (what I have installed) on my desktop fine and
also in Windows XP. So I'm assuming something else wonky is going on.
Have unsuccessfully googled for it so does anyone have any ideas?

--
Slosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>