I will still wait until it is unmasked I think.

Regards, Robert
Some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Nick Rout [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Thursday, 20 May 2004 4:39 p.m.
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Xorg and LTSP

I think it will have to become worth the effort, as there will be no
further upgrade path for xfree in many distros.

there was a thread in gentoo-user which basically suggested

1. make a package of your current xfree install (quickpkg) - this saves
it as a binary tar.bz2

2. make a binary package of xorg, but don't install it, just save the
binary .tar.bz2

3. uninstall xfree

4. install xorg from the binary .tar.bz2

5. if its horribly wrong uninstall xorg and go back to xfree (quickly)
with the package you made in (1)

6. there some tweaks with uninstalling the xfree config files along the
way, so that they didn't interfere with the config files from xfree and
need a massive etc-update problem. Read the thread, there was a pointer
to the archive in a recent gentoo weekly news.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>