On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:02:46PM +1200, Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> > >you shouldn't need to ever reboot unless you get a new kernel,
> > If you want to lock up your machine, it's pretty simple.
> While it's pretty simple to lock up your X-server and keyboard it's now
> actually very difficult indeed to bring the machine kernel itself to its
> knees.

this brings up memories of me going into the office (10 minute walk) to
use ssh to log into my machine at home to kill X.

that said, if you have a machine that you do not always have access to,
it is not unwise to reboot a machine after evasive changes to make sure
the next unattended reboot will go fine.

greetings, martin.
--
looking for a job doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium/pike/roxen training,
sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration anywhere in the world.