Roger Searle wrote:

OK, got it downloaded and installed, but now am having trouble running it. A snip (without docs and html files) gives me:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] roger]# locate htdig
/etc/cron.daily/htdig-dbgen
/etc/htdig
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf
/etc/htdig/mime.types
/var/lib/htdig
/var/www/html/htdig
/usr/share/man/man1/htdigest.1.bz2
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/htdig_index.xsl
/usr/share/htdig
/usr/bin/htdig
/usr/lib/htdig
/usr/lib/htdig/libcommon-3.2.0.so
/usr/lib/htdig/libfuzzy-3.2.0.so
/usr/lib/htdig/libht-3.2.0.so
/usr/lib/htdig/libhtnet-3.2.0.so
/usr/lib/htdig/libhtword-3.2.0.so

Simply double-clicking the /usr/bin/htdig or /usr/lib/htdig file in konqueror doesn't seem to be the right thing to do to get the programme to run, nor running either in a terminal. What do I do to get it to run? (FAQ.html didn't seem to have my answer)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Christopher,

I've found an html version of rute, could you remind me of the name of
the indexing tool you mentioned last night?

Thanks,
Roger

htdig

I think you need to configure it... look in the /etc/htdig/htdig.conf file. We use it at work, so I'll cobble up some examples for you later. Uses a load of cpu, mind you.

Steve