On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:40:47 +1300, goldedge wrote:
> checkout www.whoosh.com their wireless coverage extends up tp 50kms
> from CHCH
I just called them. They will be extending their coverage but not until April.

> I am just on the fring of their coverage area in Oxford. I am not sure
> that their modems are Linux compatable
They rep I just spoke to put me on hold for about 15 seconds when I
asked about linux, then came back and said "yes, you need something
called roaring penguin" - he didn't seem to know much more but that's
enough for me. Roaring Penguin, I advised him, is the Linux PPPoE
driver (I believe there are others).
On the support FAQ, it says if you use PPPoE with the ethernet cable,
you need to have the modem pre-flashed with your username and
password.

> they do not state on their website ( of course) :-)
They don't mention Linux directly, but do mention PPPoE and Apple Mac.

Yuri