On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 16:02 +1200, peter elliott wrote:
> ps: i'm tempted to bring along this current box, not for
> gentooisation,
> but so i can get the networking setup on the day.
> would that be cool?
> or does a two box network with dialup internet need an ipcop box as
> well?

bring your current box if you like, although why a man of your talents
needs one of us to set up networking is a mystery :-)

Personally I prefer the ipcop in a separate box approach, mainly because
it means never having to bother with modems on any extra boxes on my
net, and not having to write my own firewall rules for the box that
dials in, never having to configure any network beyond chosing dhcp.
Suit yourself which way you go - If you want help with a ipcop box I can
do that too.

right hand - emerge gentoo
left hand - install ipcop

can still use a stick gripped firmly between the teeth to hit a third
keyboard :)

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>