Daryn Hanright wrote:

I know this is totally off-topic, but with a collection of nerds like on this
list, someone is bound to know this...

;-)

Got a Palm Tungsten W (PDA & cellphone (data) - needs headset for GSM phone
bit). I brought a flip/protective cover with
it that also had a cellphone headset built into it. Anyway the headset bit
stopped working, so I unstiched the flip cover & got the electronics out. Looks
very simple...cellphone headset connector leading to circuit board with
microphone on circuit board & speaker leading off the connector. So simple it
must just be a broken wire/loose connection...

Question is : Where would the best place be to take something like this in
ChCh? They're
not made anymore - but I reckon all it needs is a electronics whizz to have a
look at it, do some soldering etc.

My goal is too get the electronics working again, & integrate it into a really
nice leather case I've got for the Tungsten.

cheers
Daryn

Try this guy, if he is still around, seemed pretty capable to me.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Last time I knew he lived at 78 Flockton Street,St Albans

Hi name is Alan Liefting

ciao

Lance Blackler