I would definitely be interested. Probably would end up missing it sadly, as I did the MythTV presentation, being on one of my "unavalaible" days, but definitely interested.

Lance

Nick Rout wrote:

After the mythtv meeting I thought that maybe it would be an idea to
give a talk on multimedia and linux, covering such stuff as:

digital sound and video technology & concepts -
digital/analogue, surround sound, codecs, containers etc etc

linux multimedia support - * audio: oss/alsa/arts/esd/jack/nas *video out: fb/X11/Xv/open-gl/Xvmc/SDL/overlay *video in:
video4linux

multimedia files and formats (wav, mp3, flac, avi, mpeg, rm, wmv,pal,
ntsc, dv etc etc)

how to play them - mplayer, xine, vlc, kaffeine, xmms, play, aplay

how to edit audio and video - turning your camera's videos into dvd's
etc

how to transcode to other formats.

I know some stuff about these things, although not everything. I would
be happy to prepare a talk (although by the look of the above list it
would not be possible to cover everything in one session).

What I really want to know is whether there would be interest in such a
talk?