From: Steve Holdoway [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 15 September 2005 10:09 a.m.
To: linux-users@it.canterbury.ac.nz
Subject: Re: Intel 2200bg dropping connection ( was Re: wireless laptop card
advice)

I set this up a while ago, but it's working and solid.

I'm using ipw-firmware version 2.3, software version ipw2200-1.0.4, and
wireless tools version 28.

Config in /etc/network/interfaces:
# Wireless netork
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp
        pre-up iwconfig eth1 essid "*************"
        pre-up iwconfig eth1 mode managed
        pre-up iwconfig eth1 channel 6
        pre-up iwconfig eth1 key open **********

And that's about it! Installed on debian, so the config files shouldn't be
too different.

Sounds like your hardware might be suspect?

Cheers,

Steve

--
Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?