That's very true, for example I'm using Kanotix at the moment and enjoying it very much, and still like Mepis as well. both Debian based, but some very handy tweaks. The Kano distro is winning at the moment since it has KDE 3.5 and Kernel 2.6.12 iirc, very nice anyway. I was even able to install Freevo this morning, which I think is still a problem (with a python version conflict) on Ubuntu at the moment. Mind you it may have been resolved by now.

regards

Lance Blackler