On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:43, Barry wrote:
> No, I have those, what I need is the option to select output for screen
> or for printer, there is a vast difference in the file sizes.

I believe that it has to do with Adobe Acrobat pdf level output.

Higher level versions embed the fonts in the pdf document.

If the pdf you want to create is text displayed in a common font such as
helevtica, just use a lower pdf version level and you can pretty much
guarantee that it will display/print correctly on other computers and
printers.

On problem that I have come across is MS Word documents which use Cyrillic
(Russian) text. When these documents are opened in another computer which
does not have the font installed the application makes a guess for a matching
font. Often it gets the guess wrong, choosing a Greek font.

One way for the originator of the document to avoid this problem would have
been to produce it as a higher level pdf with the font embedded in the
document.

Cheers Ross Drummond