Hi, I initially had amarok running yesterday afternoon, however subsequent attempts to launch it usually yield nothing better than the splash screen. This is true regardless of whether I try launching via KDE menu or from the command line. Sometimes there are amarok processes left running that can be killed, but not always, and doing so doesn't resolve it. I have tried synaptic to uninstall and reinstall, apt-get to uninstall and purge and reinstall, all to no avail (this follows earlier having done apt-get update and apt-get upgrade). Via the command line I get the following, leading me to think there is a dependency issue - yet synaptic doesn't ask for any additional packages:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] amarok
Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use amarokapp.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] amarokapp
(splash screen for a couple of seconds then nothing)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] su
Password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] amarok
Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use amarokapp.
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
QLayout "unnamed" added to QVBox "unnamed", which already has a layout
kded: Launching previous backup analyse.
QLayout: Adding KToolBar/mainToolBar (child of QVBox/unnamed) to layout for PlaylistWindow/PlaylistWindow Amarok: [Loader] Amarok is taking a long time to load! Perhaps something has gone wrong?
(splash screen displays until it is clicked)

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Roger