Because the SSL certificates I kept getting while attempting to access
paradise.net.nz on a LAN hosted by another ISP, were either yahoo or google.
And when I clicked on them to try to get through - purely out of
frustration - the sites I was sent to _were_ yahoo or google sites.

Either that or the capacities of the router we are using are sadly
overestimated and it runs out of cache (or something) whenever I tried to
access another NZ ISP's webmail through it.

Or perhaps it is a function of the vast overload that the NNet internet
connection has had on the 18th-20th and the 25th.  Gordon Taylor of the NNet
thinks the wifi was cracked ... anyway, NNet's down to dialup rates now.

Wesley Parish

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 15:42, Nick Rout wrote:
> Here (on an orcon connection) paradise.net.nz comes up fine as does the
> webmail client when i click on the mail icon.
>
> what makes you think it is dns poisoning? what ip address was
> www.paradise.net.nz resolving to? Here it is:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ host www.paradise.net.nz
> www.paradise.net.nz has address 203.96.152.127
>

> (and without www. it is the same)
>
> On Tue, March 25, 2008 1:54 pm, Wesley Parish wrote:
> > Here I am, at the NN room, trying to do something with my Paradise.net
> > webmail,
> > and I keep getting SSL certificates for yahoo and google.
> >
> > Is anybody else having similar problems with what seems to be a case of
> > DNS
> > poisoning?
> >
> > For what it's worth, I eventually got my Paradise.net webmail operational
> > again
> > by searching google for paradise.net.nz, and no, I am not impressed with
> > either
> > google or yahoo.
> >
> > Wesley Parish
> >
> > "Sharpened hands are happy hands.
> > "Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
> > - A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge
> >
> > "I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
> > I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
> > other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?