And what happens if I write a story where that happens, and decide that the
government has infringed my copyright by enacting a fictitious happening in
real life?  Without receiving a license from the author to do that a la a
movie adaption agreement?

You can't reason with some people, can you?

Wesley Parish

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 11:26, Douglas Royds wrote:
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10502960
>
>     "The Copyright (New Technologies) Amendment Bill ... introduces an
>     offence, carrying a sentence of a maximum fine of $150,000 or up to
>     five years imprisonment, or both, for commercial dealings in
>     devices, services or information designed to circumvent
>     technological protection measures
>
> Five years! Get some perspective, people. The word "commercial" has
> interesting implications for open source, though.
>
> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/griffins-tech-blog/2008/4/9/format45shifti
>ng-legal-audio-anyway/?c_id=5
>
>     "As internetNZ points out: "We believe that if a consumer has
>     legally purchased a licence to the rights to a copyrighted work,
>     they should be able to store it any format they like, so long as it
>     remains for their personal use ... the Act enshrines a "notice and
>     takedown" system to deal with alleged copyright violations. This
>     means a copyright holder can contact an ISP and request they remove
>     from their servers, content they believe is breaching their copyright.
>
> They believe. If someone doesn't like what you've put up, or if there is
> any dispute, your ISP must take it down. It's just gone.

> This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended
> addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
> the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or
> lost by reason of this transmission.
> If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our
> apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no
> other act on the email.
> Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been
>  altered or corrupted during transmission.

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?