A bit late replying but....

I have an item set up which works directly on the cdreader, '"Eject CD1" - eject /dev/hdc'

HTH

Barry
Roger Searle wrote:
Hi, I make good use of the eject command which up to gutsy would work on it's own without specifying a device, however on upgrading to hardy fails:

eject: unable to find or open device for: `cdrom'

seemingly because there is no /dev/cdrom file in hardy. There is a cdrom1, cdrw1, dvd1, dvdrw1 etc, which are links to scd0. I can create the cdrom link easily enough and then eject works fine. The problem is that the link will not survive a reboot and I am wondering if anyone could indicate why, or how I might resolve this.

Cheers,
Roger