Actually, listening to the theorists argue tends to be a bit of a blood sport
for techies!

I'm in - as always - for Salas Thai Cuisine.

Wesley Parish

Quoting Barry Marchant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Listening to a speaker with practical experience (and horror stories?)
> is more interesting than pure theory Steve.
>
> Anyway the pre meeting meeting at Salas Thai Cuisine is on at 6.00 pm.
> Please let me know so I can make a booking.
>
> Barry
> Steve Holdoway wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:27:42 +1300
> > Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [snip]
> > ok no way can i commit to organising meetings, but i can offer my
> apalling presentation skills at short notice at the moment.
> >
> > Skillset is system/database/network admin - from practical rather than
> theoretical experience, and oldschool systems analysis and design. I've
> spent the last 4 years fighting spam. Let me know if i can be of any use
> and when the meeting is... as ever political correctness is not an
> option (:
> >
> > Steve

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press