On Sat 22 Nov 2008 18:11:28 NZDT +1300, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> Does anyone have any simple rules out there to enable the following:
>
> eth0 local
> eth1 dmz
> eth2 internet
>
> all local can see dmz and internet
> all dmz can see only internet

My personal incantations are pfsense (though that's pf, not iptables)
and SuSEfirewall2. Both generate the nitty-gritty from the policy I
specify. I've never quite understood why anyone would go out to program
in a low level when the same job can be achieved easier and more
reliably with a higher language. There are several other firewall rule
generators available. If you really have to have the iptables dirt,
examine the output of a rule generator.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.