Although I like the idea of getting together for a geeky chin-wag over a
few beers,
I think that we can put together a few talks.

Occasionally people will turn up who are worth listening to and right
now we could
easily do a couple a talks right now.

I arranged for Derek to do a talk on what he was up to.

And Andrew and I could do a presentation on what went down at
LCA (linux.conf.au).
There were some very cool things that happened there.
(e.g  http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22752/1090/1/0/ )

BTW
Have you seen that the next one is in Wellington!?

Zane Gilmore
Development and Web Infrastructure Team Leader
DDI: 325 9631 Cell:0276 319 206
The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited:
Rangahau Ahumaara Kai

Postal Address: Plant & Food Research Lincoln
Private Bag 4704, Christchurch Mail Centre, CHRISTCHURCH 8140
Physical Address: Plant & Food Research Lincoln
Canterbury Agriculture & Science Centre, Gerald St, Lincoln 7608
http://www.plantandfood.co.nz/

<alpine.deb.2.00.0901241434060.6...@monster>, Derek Smithies
<de...@indranet.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Last year, Nick wrote quite passionately about local Christchurch
> companies using linux  and wondering if any had any stories to tell
in a
> meeting..
>
> I replied, and noted that a wireless rate control module I had
written has
> been added to the mainline kernel.
>
> Now, if you peruse your way to:
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/node/12825/print
>
> where you can read about the five best features in 2.6.28, you will
find
> the comment:
>
> "Frankly, based on what I've been seeing while using it with my
>   Linux-powered ThinkPad R61, I'd upgrade to 2.6.28 for this feature
>   alone."
>
> Anyhow, Zane said something to me about a talk on Minstrel, and I
think it
> was organised to be in February.

>>> No, nothing.
> Ahhm. Actually. There is quite a bit..
>

> Derek.
>
> =======================================
>   On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Don Robertson wrote:
>
>> Christopher Sawtell wrote:
>>>
>>> No, nothing.
>>>
>>> Therefore can't help but wonder if I should cancel the venue
booking, and
> let
>>> CLUG return to being just an email-list operation.
>>>
>> Greetings all. I have recently returned to Christchurch, and joined
the
>> list a few weeks ago.
>>
>> I'd like to go to a meeting now and then. On the other hand, I
haven't
>> been to any yet so I don't know what they are like :-)
>>
>> I'd go along with the suggestion of a pub or cafe someplace and take
it
>> from there. I can't suggest any place in particular - I haven't
>> frequented the local hostelries since - well, I remember I was
wearing
>> an onion in my belt, because it was the fashion at the time ...
>>>
>>> Comments please CLUGgers.
>>>
>>> Note that I personally cannot do anymore program organizing,
because I will
> be
>>> away for the winter, and as I may well be leaving the country
permanently
> life
>>> is just too busy at the moment, and anyway I think I've done my
bit.

>> don

On 1 December 2008 HortResearch merged with Crop & Food Research to
create The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited.

"The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal
privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disseminate, distribute or reproduce all or any part of this email or
attachments.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender and delete all material pertaining to this e-mail.  Any
opinion or views expressed in this email are those of the individual
sender and may not represent those of The New Zealand Institute for
Plant and Food Research Limited."