Telecom has a problem with my landline.

To wit: whenever it rains or the temperature drops precipately, it cuts out
the connection from me to them.  Last Wednesday, for example, when I arrived
home from town and picked up the receiver, I got no dial tone.

However, when I ring 125 directly, it connects immediately and dial-tone is
there.

And when I get around to contacting them - during the day, usually when it's
dry - they cannot reproduce the problem.

A friend in town suggests that it's either the line itself open like a sieve,
or the local junction box is leaking.

Does anyone have any ideas why Telecom cannot reproduce the problem - apart
from careful maintenance of their own lines and non-maintenance of everybody
else's?  I'm getting sick of having the weather provide me with the
switchboard-in-the-sky to /dev/null/.

Wesley Parish
-----
Are couch potatoes good to eat?