I'm currently building a firewall box for my parents but I have run into
the issue that it's security is actually far to tight.
It's current rejecting all request on any port[1].

I've added the desktop computers on the network into its hosts.allow
file, enabled sshd, told sshd to accept the PCs and it still rejects them

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

I'm using ClarkConnect on it which is a little strange in the way of
configuration[2] but has all of the filtering options that my parents
want.

[1] Does ping use a port? I can get that to work.
[2] /etc/hostname does nothing for a start.
--
Quote of the login:
The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of