Evening, all

If I have all the files for a distro, how do I install that distro if the
files are on a partition, and not a bootable CD?

To explain the situation... way back in 2002 I was running SuSE 8.2 that a
mate of mine had bought, and quite liked it.  I've managed to find it online
and downloaded it (3.2 GB worth), and would like to install it on my
computer for old time's sake but don't know how to install it with just the
files.  I've installed a few versions of Linux enough times to know what
options to choose, how to partition the drive, etc, but that's always been
from an iso file burnt onto a CD.

The machine I'll put it onto is an IBM ThinkCentre with adequate specs for
running it (can run OpenSuse 10.2), so hardware's not an issue - I just want
to know how do I "turn the key in the ignition" so to speak?  I'm familiar
with Windows (apologies if that word offends anyone) so is there some
equivalent of setup.exe?  Can I copy some of the files onto a CD (then
hopefully be able to tell it where to find the rest)?  If so, which ones?
Or is it possible to use one of the apps on the something like the ultimate
boot cd or tomsrtbt?

TIA

Kevin Maher