Hi,

From: srintuar26 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: supporting XIM
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:25:41 -0500

> If the theme engine uses pango for layout, and a desired language
> context is understood, I think this would work fine. Pango can always
> substitute fonts for missing glyphs...

Unfortunately, there are no tutorials for Pango.  A developer of "Xplanet"
and I sent mails to a Pango developers (Evan Martin and Noah Levitt) to
ask that but they think Pango is not intended to be used from applications
directly but from upper toolkit layer.

However, GTK2 is too heavy to be recommended for *all* softwares which
displays some text.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/