On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 11:47 +0530, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
> Hi,
>   I also need working application for video recording and all other
> webcam viewer features software. I would like to know how u got
> succeed in using Ekiga with this quickcam pro 5000 webcam?

Once the uvcvideo module is loaded, Ekiga recognized the webcam in
Edit->Preferences->Video devices.

The important thing about Ekiga is that you must have V4L2 support
enabled (compiled in). You can check that in Edit->Preferences->Video
Devices, Video plugin. There should be a V4L2 option.

If the Ekiga in your distribution doesn't have V4L2 support enabled, you
have to either find a package for your distro with V4L2 enabled, or
compile Ekiga yourself.

--
Maciej Bliziński <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://automatthias.wordpress.com