Hi Marco,

On Saturday 30 April 2011 12:26:26 Marco Favetta wrote:
> Hi,
> I have Acer Orbicam ID 0402:5602 ALi Corp. M5602 Video Camera Controller in
> my Acer Aspire 5100 and I don't find the drive for it on OS Linux.

First of all, is your camera a UVC device ? See
http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/faq/

If it is, could you please send me the output of

lsusb -v -d 0402:5602

running as root if possible ?

> Now I trying from live CD Ubuntu 11.04 and finally the Cheese program run
> (with before distribution, nothing run with this camera), but the image
> isn't good. It is too dark, is there anyone that can help me?

Most cameras have exposure and brightness controls. Have you tried modifying
them ? If Cheese doesn't offer those options, try qv4l2 or v4l2-ctl.

> And another question why i can see the image only with Cheese, and not with
> Skype? With Skype the camera not run because the led is off, Skype search
> the camera in this path /dev/video0.

Possibly because Cheese uses libv4l to convert the format returned by the
camera to a more usable format. You can try forcing Skype to use libv4l by
preloading it. In a nutshell, run

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libv4l/v4l1compat.so /usr/bin/skype

Search 'libv4l skype' on Google for additional information.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart