ollie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> >>Ron as I recall this was for loading kernels directly from LinuxBIOS.
> >>After I added the relocation support in LinuxBIOS this shouldn't
> >>have been necessary.
> >>

> >you're right. My mistake.
> >

> Eric,
>     What relocation support did you add ??  The same ELF image can be loaded to
> any place you what ??

No.

> Are your talking about PIC ??

No.

I relocate a LinuxBIOS to the top of memory just before we jump to the loaded
ELF image so it gets out of the way.

So a bootloader should be able to use pretty much any address when loading
into memory.  And definentily any address the bootloader can count on
being there (unless you have an extremely low memory machine).

Eric