At 11:46 AM 4/10/02 -0600, you wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Yves Godin wrote:
>
> > Sorry to bugging you, but did you build the kernel using
> > linux-2.4.17-sis.patch and config-2.4.17-sis or other files that are not in
> > the Linux Bios cvs ?
> > I succeed to boot my SC3200 from a DOC Millenium Plus but it seems that my
> > kernel is not build with the right settings.
>
>What is the problem?

I'll tell you what I have done and you will be able to tell me were I am wrong.
Sorry for my english :-(

My board have the foolowing configuration:
         - a SC3200
         - a Doc Millenium Plus (32 MBytes)
         - a Compact Flash interface (I use a 1 Gb micro-drive)
         - 32 MB SDRam
         - a TFT display
         - 3 USB-port (for keyboard, mouse, ... if any)
         - No Flash
         - No floppy disk
         - No hard disk
         - No bios

         The board was used it windows CE. My plan is to get Linux working
on this board.

What I have done:
         - I am working on my Notebook (RedHat 7.2).

         - I Compile LinuxBios using a modified version of the files fo the
nano board.
           All the the code for the Geode seems to have be written to boot
from a ROM
         not a DOC there I have modified the files to be able to start the
bios from the DOC.
         - I compiled the kernel 2.4.17 using linux-2.4.17-sis.patch and
config-2.4.17-sis.
         - I put it in the Doc and I got the output in the following error:
                 Kernel panic: Kernel compiled for PPro+, requires PGE feature!
                 I put the output of the console in attachment (sis.txt)

         - Recompile the kernel again using linux-2.4.17-sis.patch and
config-2.4.17-sis but
           remove the support for the PGE and I set the processor to a 486.
This time, the kernel go
           furthur but it is bugging me about the floopy and the keyboard
that are not present.
           See log 486.txt

I also don't know how I am suppose to install the remainder of linux once
my kernel will work. Without any floopy or CD-ROM,
I am a little bit lost.

Thanks for help !  If I succed to start Linux, we will to throw away
Windows CE ;-)

Yves