How many clients are there in total? Using thin clients will be a good
option for the users.

Also, the users can be trained on the use of Open Office and Linux based
e-mail clients.

Training in my own experience has been very difficult, people almost immediately seem to compare it to their regular systems and start finding faults.

I thought if i could setup atleast one guy who does not use any major application (cad or tally in this case) and uses only email and drafts letters and so on. He could perhaps recommend it to them in due course..

Regards,
Sachin G