here starts the confusion. copyright != patent. Please find out the difference.
no confusion .. everything in it's place as long as the message has gone across even if not in agreement.

no - when you 'buy' doze, you have practically no rights whatsover - check the EULA
 who said anything about doze? i was talking about my rights.

if you distribute it without the permission of the creator - you will wind up in jail. You can only distribute it if the creator gives you permission - which is called a license. Kindly check the difference between license and copyright
my sentiments exactly...

The creator likes the society as a whole to be benefited thats why he made the software,

he made the software either because he enjoys making software, or to scratch an itch or to make money. Nobody writes software for the benefit of society.
that point was in reaction to another comment. I agree

he has the right to do whatever he wants with it - but if he keeps it non-free, it is non-free.
guess the argument was what constitutes freedom.

I can choose to modify a particular software
and sell it under a different license.

jail
thanks.

Now iam all for freedom software,

you arent
sure

but just because FOSS philosophy says that freedom software should be distributable free of charge does not mean that it's right.

you have the right to believe that the FOSS philosophy is wrong. And also learn to distinguish between free as in freedom and free as in free of charge.
i did that long time ago, thanks anyway.

It's a fundamental moral infringement upon the creators right. You being able to use a distributable software is your privilege not your right!

ahh - here you are right

finally some agreement. Making some headway aren't we ;)

Sachin G.