On 16/03/07 12:41 +0530, Rony wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> The points raised by Kenneth got me thinking about this issue and came
> up with an idea for long term cost reduction in IT. Right now every

http://www.infrastructures.org/
Most major IT installations work similarly.

<snip>
> and so on. Since all the machines have their own HDDs, they run
> independent of their parent servers in case the servers break down. If

Not quite. The core component of the application is still on the
server(s). Using ordinary thin clients and X will work just as well,
without the additional complexity of browser based applications.

Devdas Bhagat

--
Flanders:
        Homer, affordable tract housing made us neighbors, but you made us

Homer:  To Ned Flanders, the richest left-handed man in town.

                   When Flanders Failed