> There can never be a replacement for the crap that is M$office. Even a
> brainless moron cant write such crap.

> There are at least two SUPERIOR alternatives Openoffice and Koffice.

I use ubuntu 8.04 as my desktop at home but i need excel at my workplace on
my laptop.
I have tried using OO (not tried K Office) but the spreadsheet tool just
does not seem to work well enough especially after i have used excel, OO
seems so dated and clunky in contrast. I must admit i have not tried the
latest version though.

There is no real Autocad replacement, even if there are like BRL-CAD,
Varicad etc we do not get
candidates for them. We tried Virtualbox. did not work very well, especially
cumbersome
when it came to sharing files on a network using Samba.

I know there are other linux options for virtualization available like
parallels and vmware but we are not
in a position to experiment as of now especially after virtualbox.

We use an MS Access based system (third party )for excise, i haven't come
across any package in linux as a replacement though am sure one could be
built.

> For how many users?

about 5 in one unit ..

SG