Hi Geoff,

On Wed, 27 Dec 2023, Geoff Levand wrote:
On 12/27/23 10:27, Michael Ellerman wrote:
Geoff Levand <ge...@infradead.org> writes:
Commit 8c5fa3b5c4df3d071dab42b04b971df370d99354 (powerpc/64: Make ELFv2 the
default for big-endian builds), merged in Linux-6.5-rc1 changes the calling ABI
in a way that is incompatible with the current code for the PS3's LV1 hypervisor
calls.

I'll take this for now.

But medium term we would like to switch to only using ELFv2, so it would
be good if we can work out what the actual problem is.

I've been looking into converting the LV1 hypercalls to v2.

Until then, you may want to add "depends on !CONFIG_PPC64_BIG_ENDIAN_ELF_ABI_V2"
to config PPC_PS3.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--