Hi Masahiro, thanks for reviewing.

On 4/22/24 5:39 PM, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 6:25 PM Sathvika Vasireddy<s...@linux.ibm.com>  wrote:
Currently, when objtool is enabled and none of the supported options
are triggered, kernel build errors out with the below error:
error: objtool: At least one command required.

Then, I think CONFIG_OBJTOOL should be disabled.
A subsequent patch introduces --ftr-fixup as an option to objtool to do feature fixup at build-time via CONFIG_HAVE_OBJTOOL_FTR_FIXUP option. If CONFIG_OBJTOOL is not selected, then objtool cannot be used to pass --ftr-fixup option.

In cases where none of the supported options (like --mcount on powerpc for example) is triggered, but still require --ftr-fixup option to be passed to objtool, we see "error: objtool: At least one command required" errors. So, to address this, run only when either of the config options are selected.

Thanks,
Sathvika