Dear Shubhada,

In message <8a71b368a89016469f72cd08050ad33402d57...@maui.asicdesigners.com>
you wrote:

> I am kind of helpless regarding the kernel version, as our customer is
> using it and I need to replicate their environment. I just tried 2.6.28
> with katmai_defconfig file and still face the same problem.

You probably did not load (and use) the device tree blob which is
needed with recent (arch/powerpc based) kernel versions.

> The config file that I sent before is provided by the customer. It is a
> working configuration for them.
>
> The exact board that I have is Katmai.

It looks broken to me for a Katmai board. Are you sure your customer
is also using Katmai?

> my printenv output is as follows.

This is obviously  an  old  setup  for  old  (arch/ppc  only)  kernel
versions,  and  heavily  crippl^H^H^H^H^H  modified  from the default
environment.  You  might  consider  to  restart  from   the   default
environment settings (probably even with a recent version of U-Boot -
your's is too old and does not include full device tree support).

On the other hand, I don;t see a reason why the old (arch/ppc based)
kernel should not boot - except that it might be misconfigured for
that board.

Did you try any of the released (and well tested) kernel images on
our FTP server? See ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/linux/images/amcc/katmai/

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
"Just think of a computer as hardware you can program."
- Nigel de la Tierre