On Sunday 13 January 2013 09:40:31 you wrote:
> flac most definitely does _not_ work. I asked about this in
> June. You might hope it would work through libsndfile, but it
> fails because of the way the sound files are loaded and used;
> the relevant source file is src/engines/common/SampleFile.cpp

Yes, you are right. With the current code it does not work. And you are also
right, that the code should be flipped there to actually use sf_readf_*() by
default instead of sf_read_raw(). And that code part should be cleaned a bit.

My spare time is currently very limited, and I have other priorities on my
TODO list regarding the sampler on top right now. But I try to handle this
issue after I hunted down the other issues, in case no other developer did in
the meantime. But no guarantee on when that will be exactly. ;-)

CU
Christian